LAAX/SUI (February 28, 2012) – The 4th day of the Burton European Open presented by MINI was dedicated to Men’s and Women’s Halfpipe Qualifications. Another beautiful day greeted all riders up on Crap Sogn Gion in LAAX/Switzerland. 22 year old Australian Nathan Johnstone landed on the top spot in the Men’s Qualification with an outstanding first run consisting of a frontside 900 Mute, a backside 540 Mute, a frontside 720 and a last Cab 720. Sophie Rodriguez (FRA) won the Women’s Qualification after a tight battle with 2nd classified Nadja Purtschert (SUI).
The best 10 men and best 5 women in today’s Qualification earned a spot for the
Men’s Halfpipe Qualification Results
1. Nathan Johnstone (AUS), Ripcurl, 93.83
2. Masazake Yoshida (JPN), Kissmark, 90.17
3. Shuhei Osanai (JPN), Kissmark, 89.17
4. Tim-Kevin Ravnjak (SLO), Red Bull, 85.67
5. Linus Birkendahl (GER), Nitro, 85.50
6. Hiroki Suwa (JPN), Smith, 85.17
7. Johannes Hoepfl (GER), K2, 82.50
8. Filip Kavcic (SLO), Elan, 81.50
9. Gian Simmen (SUI), O’Neill, 79.83
10. Lars Bachmann (SUI), Ride, 75.67
Women’s Halfpipe Qualification Results
1. Sophie Rodriguez (FRA), Oxbow, 91.67
2. Nadja Purtschert (SUI), Swatch, 90.67
3. Mirabelle Thovex (FRA), Protest, 89.83
4. Emma Bernard (FRA), Roxy, 89.00
5. Isabel Derungs (SUI), Ride, 67.33
Tomorrow, Wednesday, 29th February, 2012, the BEO continues with Women’s Slopestyle Qualification & Semi-Finals as well as Men’s Slopestyle Semi-Finals.
If you can’t make it to LAAX make sure to watch the live webcast from Feb. 29th – March 3rd, 2012 on www.redbull.tv.