(Innsbruck/AUT – Feb. 24th, 2012) – The 2012 Burton European Open presented by MINI is kicking off tomorrow with the Junior Slopestyle contest. Riders from all around the world are arriving in LAAX, Switzerland, among them the current TTR World Champions Spencer O’Brien, Kelly Clark and Iouri Podladtchikov.
The Countdown is on! Some facts and figures:
• 4 is the number of days redbull.tv will host the BEO Webcast which can be watched worldwide.
• 5 is the amount of obstacles the new slopestyle course in Ils Plauns will feature: A Gap Straight Rail, a Step Up Step Down Combo, a Step up Kicker, a True Table Kicker & the MINI Creative Use of Space Obstacle at the end of the course.
• 8 LAAX is the BEO host resort for the 8th year.
• 22 nations will be represented at this year’s BEO.
• 140 meters long is the Halfpipe on Crap Sogn Gion.
• 413 is the total number of registered riders for the Slopestyle and Halfpipe qualifications.
• 1.000 That’s the number of TTR points riders will earn when they win the 6 Star TTR BEO disciplines.
• 5.000 The Creative Use of Space Award initiated by MINI is worth US$ 5.000 will be rewarded to the male and female rider who will throw down the most creative trick in Slopestyle and Halfpipe finals.
• 125.000 US$ prize-money will be given away at the BEO.
• 384.400 km is the average distance between earth and moon.
Saturday, Feb. 25th, 2012 Slopestyle Junior Contest
Sunday, Feb. 26th, 2012 Halfpipe Junior Contest, Slopestyle Pre-Qualification Men
Monday, Feb. 27th, 2012 Halfpipe Pre-Qualification Men, Slopestyle Qualification Women & Men
Tuesday, Feb. 28th, 2012 Halfpipe Qualification Women & Men
Wednesday, Feb. 29th, 2012 Slopestyle Semi-Finals Women & Men
Thursday, March 1st, 2012 Slopestyle Finals Women & Men
Friday, March 2nd, 2012 Halfpipe Semi-Finals Women & Men
Saturday, March 3rd, 2012 Halfpipe Finals Women & Men